What is Geriatric Care Management?
Geriatric Care Managers, also referred to as Aging Life Care Professionals, are experts on all topics related to aging. We provide professional guidance and services for older adults and individuals with disabilities to ensure they receive excellent care and maximum quality of life. Some of the services we provide include:
- In-home assessment to evaluate medical, emotional, social and environmental needs.
- Formulating an appropriate plan of care in conjunction with physicians, and professional caregivers that includes specific recommendations and referrals.
- Providing access to community resources and specialized county, state, and national programs that enhance safety and minimize costs.
- Advocating for individuals to help them remain independent and ensure that they are treated with outstanding care, dignity, and respect.
- Monitoring mental/cognitive abilities in performing activities of daily living and adapting the plan of care to meet the individuals’ changing needs over time.
- Serving as the care “lifeline” between the elderly, and those families separated by distance or circumstances.
- Accompanying our clients to doctor appointments to ensure that doctors’ instructions and recommendations are implemented and family is made aware of any changes.
- Hiring and coordinating home health aides, 24-hour live ins, medical transportation, housecleaning and meal delivery/ preparation.
- Assistance with exploring and selecting the most appropriate retirement community, assisted living facility, or nursing facility for your loved one.
- Hospice and other “end of life” planning, guidance and counseling.
- Offering trusted referrals to qualified professionals including medical specialists, elder law attorneys, financial advisors, bookkeepers and companions.